Click on the questions below to find the answers you are after.
What is Swan Christian College?
Swan Christian College was established in 1983 and today is a non-denominational, co-educational College with around 1550 students in Years K-12. Swan Christian College is owned and operated by Swan Christian Education Association (SCEA), one of WA’s largest independent operators of Christian schools with seven schools in Perth. The College is situated at the gateway to the picturesque Swan Valley.
Does the school have a physical location?
Yes, Swanonline is part of Swan Christian College, a Western Australian Independent School that operates in the same environment as all other Western Australian Schools. Swanonline offers education from Year 7 through to Year 12. Our curriculum, policies and structure conform to the Department of Education.
We are located at 381 Great Northern Highway in Middle Swan.
Students and families are welcome to visit the school and opportunities for seminars and school events are provided regularly throughout the year.
What is online education?
Online education simply means education that is not based in a physical classroom. Teaching and learning programs are delivered online and contact methods can include teleconference, phone, Skype, email, chat.
How are lessons delivered?
Each lesson is delivered via Swanonline through our Learning Management System (LMS), called Canvas. Canvas is accessible from any computer or mobile device with a web-standard browser and is intuitive and easy to use.
Why do other students study at Swanonline?
The reasons for choosing Swanonline are diverse and include:
- Students and parents want excellent quality Christian education
- Swanonline delivers quality, professional education that is personal, relational and supportive
- The current school choice is not providing enough support
- Bullying, anxiety, social issues
- Families moving and online education is consistent
- A choice to spend more time as a family
- Dissatisfaction with previous schools (academic, spiritual and social reasons)
- Overseas travel
- Learning difficulties.
What are the benefits of Swanonline?
The benefits of Swanonline are numerous and include:
- Less time wasted travelling to and from school
- The opportunity to develop a closer parent child relationship
- Ability to develop closer relationships with siblings
- Students who blossom when in a supportive environment
- Development of better social skills
- Students that are less tired and stressed.
Do I have to come to Swan Christian College if I am studying online?
Other than our Welcome Day you don’t have to come to the College campus. There are of course times that we extend an invitation to our students to come various functions, and opportunities to take part in school camps and overseas mission trips should you want to.
Can I come to the Awards Nights?
Yes, all our Swanonline students and families are invited to the Year 12 Valedictory Dinner and Awards Nights.
How long does it take to settle in to Swanonline?
The first few weeks are weeks of adjustment, and then you will find over the next month or two you will settle into a routine and a timetable.
How do I contact Swanonline?
You can us via phone, email and also Skype with your teacher.
Ph: (08) 9374 8392
Are you open during school holidays?
Yes, our office hours are 8:30am – 4:00pm. The office is closed from Christmas to New Year.