Starting in 2017 North Metropolitan TAFE (RTO code: 52786) are running a 1 semester course on the skills required to be a successful gardener/handyman or cleaner.
The course is a preparation for entry into gardening, handyman or cleaning work. In addition, we will support you in applying for work as a gardener/handyman or cleaner.
We have feedback that there is high demand for people to fill these roles and the chances of gaining employment are strong. This course is suitable for existing gardeners/cleaners that want to up skill, people looking to change career or people looking for work.
Gardening and cleaning course will include:
- Time management
- Safe work practices
- Plant knowledge
- Gardening procedures e.g. planting, fertilising, watering
- Use of gardening equipment e.g. ride on mowers, wiper snippers
- Athletics specific equipment e.g. line marking machines
- Basic reticulation repair
- Use of hand tools
- Chemical use
- Use of cleaning equipment e.g. rotary polishers
- Record keeping
- Much more!
- Strong work ethic
- Good oral and written communication
- Must be able to read procedures, safety sheets and chemical bottles
- Successful completion of an entry interview
- Working With Children Check and a Police Clearance
- Full time - 3 days per week - 20 week course duration
- Days - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9:15 until 2:45
- Cost - $169.74 (course fee for 20 weeks)
- Based in Leederville and on site
If you would be interested in this course then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This course is not a guarantee of work but a training course where we support you to find work. The course is run by North Metropolitan TAFE (RTO code: 52786) and is not endorsed by any authority or government department.