Interested in finding work? Can you see yourself as a Gardener, Handyperson or Cleaner?
Starting in July 2017, North Metropolitan TAFE (RTO code: 52786) are running a 1 semester course on the skills required to be a successful gardener/handyperson or cleaner. The course is a preparation for entry into gardening, handy work or cleaning work. In addition, we will support you in applying for work as a gardener or cleaner.
We have feedback that there is high demand for people to fill these roles and the chances of gaining employment are strong. This course is suitable for existing gardeners/cleaners that want to up skill, people looking to change career or people looking for work.
Gardening and cleaning course will include:
- Time management
- Safe work practices
- Plant knowledge
- Gardening procedures e.g. planting, fertilising, watering
- Use of gardening equipment e.g. ride on mowers, wiper snippers
- Athletics specific equipment e.g. line marking machines
- Basic reticulation repair
- Use of hand tools
- Chemical use
- Use of cleaning equipment e.g. rotary polishers
- Record keeping
- Much more!
- Strong work ethic
- Good oral and written communication
- Must be able to read procedures, safety sheets and chemical bottles
- Successful completion of an entry interview
- Working With Children Check and a Police Clearance
- 3 days per week - Starts Wednesday 19th July finishes Friday 24 November (17 weeks)
- Days - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9:15 until 2:45
- Cost - $169.74 (course fee for 17 weeks) based in Leederville and on site
If you would be interested in this course then please email: Chris Hodson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: North Metropolitan TAFE does not guarantee work after completing this course. This course supports you to find work. The course is run by North Metropolitan TAFE (RTO code: 52786) and is not endorsed by any authority or government department.