The Principal, Mr Scott is pleased to announce the introduction of a new tie for Year 10 Senior School students, commencing in Week 1, Term 2.
The tie is optional in 2017 for Years 11 and 12. From Term 2 2018, the tie will be compulsory for all Senior School students (Years 10-12). The new tie will replace the silver tie currently worn by the Year 12 cohort and the royal blue tie currently worn by Years 7-11. The royal blue tie will still be a compulsory uniform item for Middle School students (Years 7-9).
Why the change?
- To distinguish students in the Senior School (including STTC students) from those in the Middle School.
- To recognise the responsibility and leadership that is required in Senior School.
When will the change start for Year 10 students?
- The first day of Term 2, Wednesday 27 April 2017.
Who will the change affect?
- For Year 10 students the change will be compulsory from 27 April 2017.
- For Year 11 students the purchase of the tie is optional in 2017.
- Year 12 students are not required to purchase the tie this year. (Please note that the silver tie is out of stock and as such is not available for purchase.)
- From Term 2 2018, the new design tie will be compulsory for all Senior School students (Years 10-12).
Why is there no changeover period for Year 10 students?
- The tie is worn daily and is a low cost uniform item.
- Year 10 students will wear the tie for 3 years until they graduate.
What is the cost of the new tie?
- The tie is $26 and can be purchased from the Uniform Shop at the College or online at http://www.swan.wa.edu.au/swanresources/uniform-shop/.
If you have any concerns about the change, please contact me at the College – firstname.lastname@example.org / 9374 8300
Mr Terry Eason
Head of Senior School