Languages at Swan experienced a great start to 2018 with some exciting events and innovations. Head of Languages Mrs Christine Crump has put together an overview to keep you up-to-date:
WA Languages Curriculum
- The WA Languages Curriculum has arrived. It has been adopted and adapted, shaping new approaches in learning and teaching languages within our College’s Christian framework. Studying languages helps us discover the joys and struggles of inter-personal and inter-cultural communication. We learn to practise hospitality toward strangers and to better understand ourselves and our neighbours.
- Our Senior Japanese students have returned from their Japan Tour with many memorable cultural, social and linguistic experiences.
Languages Ambassador Team
- A group of volunteer Languages students in Year 6 have joined with Senior students to form the 2018 Swan Languages Ambassadors team. They are busy preparing for a College celebration of our cultural diversity during Harmony Week (15-21 March).
Education Perfect – Languages Program
- 70 parents of Year 7 & 8 Languages students have signed up for the opportunity to practise a language with their child through accessing the Education Perfect - Languages program.
- A new enrichment program has started for French students in Year 8 and Japanese tutoring is available weekly.
- There will be several opportunities to host overseas exchange students from Japan and from France throughout the year. These exchange programs are excellent ways to build long-term friendships between families and open doors to a deeper understanding of language and culture. Please contact Languages teachers for information on exchange program opportunities.
Please contact Languages teachers for information on the above opportunities and events.