In July, students and staff members will be travelling to the Kalgoorlie/Coolgardie region to work with the CAPS school. (Christian Aboriginal Parent Controlled Schools).
This trip will allow students to spend time working with indigenous and non-indigenous children in the Kalgoorlie region to form friendships and share in a cultural exchange, as well as build empathy and compassion.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- work alongside the Aboriginal students and share in some of their classes
- tutor younger students
- conduct a service project
- participate in games and sporting activities with high school students
- attend an Aboriginal church
- visit Kalgoorlie town sites and visit the Kalgoorlie Gold Mine Super Pit
- go bush to hear stories of the history of Christian missions from an Aboriginal elder.
The trip is available for Year 9-12 students to apply. The cost is $600. Expression of Interest forms are available now from Student Services and are due 5 May 2017.
For more information contact Mr Ray Hockley, the Head of Service Learning on 9374 8300.
Mr Ray Hockley
Head of Service Learning