Many members of our College community are leaving a legacy through their support of a sponsor child at the Light Up Ahead School in Zambia. Please consider sponsoring a child today.
We established the Light Up Ahead School nine years ago in Kantolomba, Zambia. A village which experiences high rates of unemployment, HIV/ Aids (causing many orphans), malnutrition and illiteracy. The school is now attended by 250 students who receive a meal each day and have access to free education. Now there is a ‘light up ahead’ for the Kantolomba community through the impact of education on their children’s lives.
When I was a Church Pastor I had the privilege of conducting many funerals for people from all walks of life. The ones that stood out to me were those who left a legacy through the care and concern that they showed for others during their lives.
Do you also want to leave a legacy?
- A full sponsorship costs $40 per month (www.gdg.org.au/CS1J698N).
- You could also consider a half sponsorship for $20 per month (www.gdg.org.au/HSJ698N).
- If you would like to make a direct deposit please email email@example.com for details.
Choosing a sponsor child
- To choose a child to sponsor go to https://www.swan.wa.edu.au/swan-missions/the-kantolomba-project/sponsor-a-child. All children listed on this website are still looking for a sponsor.
- Once you have chosen a sponsor child, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your sponsor child’s code and your personal details so that we can contact you with information about your sponsor child’s progress as well as regular newsletters. You will also be able to write and send cards and photos to your sponsor child.
All your sponsorship donations will go through Global Development Group (GDG) who enable us to have a charity status and provide you with tax-deductible receipts. GDG take 7.5% of all donations for administrative expenses, the rest goes directly towards helping your sponsor child.
It might cost you $7 a week after your tax refund, which you may not even notice, but the difference you will make in a child’s life will have a lasting impact both on them as well as their whole family.
Please consider sponsoring a child today.
Mr Ray Hockley
Head of Service Learning