2022 has been a productive year for the Swan Christian College Parent Committee, and we are grateful for the support of the College community. This year, funds have been raised through various events, including the Mother's and Father's Day Stalls, Sausage Sizzles at Sports Carnivals, and Gilbert's Fresh Support our School Program.
The funds raised through these projects have been spent on improving systems around the College and supporting the greater community.
The Parent Council Account contributed funds as follows:
- $10,000 invested in Phase 1 of the Redcat Sound System in the Pre-Primary and Year 1 Classrooms. The 'Cat System' enhances the learning environment by evenly distributing the sound of the teacher's voice through the indoor learning space.
- $3,000 was invested in materials for the Cubby houses built by the Swan Trade Training Centre Students. The Cubby Houses will be installed in the Early Learning Centre.
- Annual membership for Fathering Project.
The Swan Community Outreach Account funds have been used as follows:
- $1,000 was donated to flood-devastated families from Glassroom Christian College in Queensland.
- 50% of funds raised from the secondhand uniforms sales have been sent to support Swan Missions school in Zambia.
- Gifts for World Teachers Day – All Swan staff.
- Welcome, Encouragement, Sympathy and Get Well gifts and cards for staff/parents/families at Swan.
- Uniforms, transport and meals for students/parents/families at Swan.
- Donations to three local community charity organisations providing Christmas Hampers to the homeless and needy.
Thank you to the College Community for supporting the fundraising initiatives to improve our College and the greater community. Look out for the exciting projects that will be launched in 2023.
Thank you, Mrs Sue Luce and the dedicated Parent Committee, for your hard work and commitment to the College in 2022.