Welcome to Senior School
The Senior School at Swan Christian College encompasses Years 10, 11 and 12. Our purpose is to develop in each student the personal attributes described by the College’s Seven Pillars, namely, Knowledge, Courage, Service, Wisdom, Engagement, Leadership and Spirituality. The work of the Senior School embraces our Christian faith, and our declaration is that Christ is central to our identity with ultimate ownership and sovereignty over our school. Education programs are delivered to students by motivated and talented Christian teachers who embrace a Christian worldview.
Mr Terry Eason
Deputy Principal / Head of Senior School
Personal Growth Opportunities
Students are presented with a broad range of programs that provide an education with challenging opportunities, meet their needs, and develop them to become responsible contributors to the wider community.
The Senior School seeks to maximise the learning of each individual student, encouraging and assisting them to utilise their God-given talents and abilities in order to pursue future pathways. They are encouraged to be independent thinkers, make informed decisions, and take responsibility for their own actions as learners.
The Senior School offers a balanced experience of co-curricular programs inclusive of Sport, Creative and Performing Arts, Cultural and Academic tours to overseas countries and opportunities for community service both locally and internationally.
Outstanding Pastoral Care
Study in the senior years is engaging and challenging, and the secure, well-structured learning environment at Swan Christian College provides a very sound basis for success. The strong pastoral care program provides a framework of encouragement that underpins the academic program, allowing students to step outside their comfort zone. In addition to the College psychologist, College counsellor and the Chaplain, each student is allocated a Mentor teacher. The Mentor teacher remains with their Mentor group through their senior school years; the Mentor teacher is also the point of contact for parent enquiries.
Our students have established a record of outstanding achievement in their studies, careers, sporting and cultural pursuits and service to the community. They are truly great ambassadors for the Senior School.
Extensive Senior School Course Offerings
Swan Christian College offers a wide range of courses and pathways to our students, catering for individual learning needs and career ambitions for life after school. For detailed information about Swan Christian College's course offerings in Years 10-12, please refer to the College's Subject Information Booklets that can be accessed via this link.
Year 11/12 Courses and VET Certificates - 2021
- Accounting and Finance ATAR
- Biology ATAR
- Chemistry ATAR
- Drama ATAR
- Economics ATAR
- English ATAR
- French Second Language ATAR
- Geography ATAR
- Human Biology ATAR
- Japanese Second Language ATAR
- Literature ATAR
- Modern History ATAR
- Mathematics Specialist ATAR
- Mathematical Methods ATAR
- Mathematical Applications ATAR
- Media Production and Analysis ATAR
- Music ATAR
- Physical Education Studies ATAR
- Physics ATAR
- Politics & Law ATAR
- Psychology ATAR
- Visual Arts ATAR
- Business Management
- Children, Family and the Community (Childcare)
- Human Biology
- Integrated Science
- Mathematics: Essential
- Metalwork – Materials Design and Technology
- Modern History
- Outdoor Education
- Physical Education Studies
- Textiles – Materials Design and Technology
- Visual Arts
- Woodwork – Materials Design and Technology
- Certificate III in Applied Languages: French or Japanese (22150VIC)
- Certificate III in Business (BSB30115)
- Certificate II in Creative Industries (CUA20215)
- Certificate II in Dance (CUA20113)
- Certificate III in Hospitality (SIT30616)
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology (ICT30118)
- Certificate II in Music Industry (CUA20615) [Year 12 2021]
- Certificate III in Music Industry [Year 11 2021, Year 12, 2022]
- Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation (SIS20210)
Swan Trade Training Centre
- Certificate II in Building and Construction (52443WA)
- Certificate II in Engineering (Metal Fabrication) (MEM20105)
- Certificate II in Electrotechnology (UEE22011)
- Workplace Learning
Expressions of interest for General and/or ATAR Dance welcome.
To join us in Senior School, please fill out the contact form below, or contact our Registrar Mrs Marie Reid on (08) 9374 8300. We'll reply to you shortly with answers to any questions, information on enrolment availability, and upcoming tour dates.