The Swan Trade Training Centre was made possible by a $5.45 million capital works grant from the Federal Government as part of their Trade Training in School initiative.
The funding offered Swan Christian College the opportunity to build the following facilities:
- A purpose built commercial training kitchen.
- A fully functioning 150-seat restaurant that will open to the general public in the future.
- A dedicated trade training facility comprising of:
- An 800m2 trade workshop, complete with three ICT equipped training rooms, overhead gantry crane, 5 welding bays and the most modern industry grade equipment available.
- A dedicated teaching and learning facility comprising five ICT equipped classrooms, staff offices and administration areas.
- Undercover recreational areas for break times and informal teaching spaces.
- Lockers for all students.
All of these areas have been fitted out with the latest spec equipment to give students an authentic workplace experience.
The Swan Trade Training Centre is a dedicated building situated on the grounds of the College Campus.