The Swan Trade Training Centre was made possible by a $5.45 million capital works grant from the Federal Government as part of their Trade Training in School initiative.
The funding offered Swan Christian College the opportunity to build the following facilities:
- A dedicated trade training facility comprising of:
- An 800m2 trade workshop, complete with trade specific training rooms, overhead gantry crane, welding bays, cnc laser and plasma cutters and machinery to the highest industry grade.
- A dedicated teaching and learning facility comprising nine equipped classrooms, staff offices and administration areas.
- Undercover recreational areas for break times and informal teaching spaces.
- Lockers for all students.
All of these areas have been fitted out with industry grade equipment to give students an authentic workplace experience.
The Swan Trade Training Centre is a dedicated building situated on the grounds of the College Campus.