Working at Swan Christian College
Swan Christian College is a non-denominational, co-educational Christian school that strives to be a caring and supportive educational institution, and a great place to work. It is our firm belief that staff members who are valued, supported and encouraged to perform provide more worthwhile and enjoyable learning opportunities for our students.
We seek to attract the best people, highly value our employees, provide a dynamic and innovative environment with a range of staff incentives that make us a sought-after employer. Swan Christian College is committed to, and values its staff by ensuring that they are provided with:
- A cooperative, team oriented and supportive culture.
- A focus on achieving excellence in their area of expertise.
- A culture where staff contribution is highly valued, encouraged and recognised.
- A wide range of professional work related and personal learning opportunities.
- An environment that focuses on staff wellbeing.
Swan Christian College offers employment opportunities to people with a variety of skills and expertise, and the determination and enthusiasm to make the collaborative learning environment a success.
As we are a proud SCEA school, applicants must agree with the Association’s Statement of Faith and meet employment eligibility criteria.
Music Tutor Vancancies 2020
Swan Christian College is a large co-educational private school with a strong Christian emphasis. Music is an important part of school life with instrumental programs and many ensembles.
In order to deliver these programs effectively we are seeking excellent instrumental tutors who have a passion for developing young musicians through a broad approach to music encompassing all styles.
We are seeking expressions of interest from enthusiastic teachers with an interest in young people. Good musicianship and technique are fundamental but a passion for teaching is equally important. A degree in music or music education is a prerequisite. The successful applicant will be responsible to the Head of Instrumental Music for the instruction of students, organising your lesson schedule and communicating with parents. There also may well be opportunity in the future to be involved in directing one of our many ensembles.
Lessons are 30 minutes in length and the remuneration is $72/hour.
We are seeking a music tutor to deliver violin lessons to small groups and individuals mostly in Junior School years. In 2020 we have about a day’s worth of tutoring, with the opportunity to direct a Junior School String ensemble. The successful applicant will need to be available to teach on Thursday afternoons as that is when our Yr 3 String Program is delivered by all our string tutors together.
We are seeking a piano tutor to deliver lessons to individuals in mostly Junior School years. We have about 5 hour’s worth of teaching per week which may well increase in 2020.
Applicants should address the following criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Establishing positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate positive support for the School’s Christian ethos and values.
- possess appropriate tertiary qualifications and show a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Have good work habits, including punctuality.
- Have an understanding and working knowledge of computers and electronic communication.
- show empathy with, and understanding of young people, particularly Primary School aged children.
- have the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people and to be a "team player".
- possess energy and a sense of humour.
Applications should include the following:
- Full name and nationality.
- Date and place of birth (optional).
- Address and contact details.
- Any relevant personal details.
- Details of academic and professional qualifications, giving names of institutions and dates.
- Current position and areas of responsibility.
- Details of previous appointments and career achievements with particular reference to the position being advertised.
- Membership and involvement in professional associations.
- The names and addresses of two professional referees who may be approached in confidence about the applicant.
- A current Working With Children Check will be required if a position is offered.
Applications for these positions are due Tuesday 17 December, 2019.
Applications in writing (covering letter and CV) or questions should be addressed to:
The Head of Instrumental Music
Swan Christian College
Applications or questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
As positions are available, they will be posted below and on the Careers Page of the SCEA Website, where you can also see positions available at SCEA's other campuses. Positions may also be advertised on SEEK and the SCEA LinkedIn Page. Please note that applications from recruitment agencies are not accepted.