The Peer Support Strengthening our Connections module aims to encourage positive behaviour in students, such as gratitude, respect and kindness. Our Year 7 students have reflected on the program, describing it as a great opportunity that has been both helpful and enjoyable.
This module teaches students to respond effectively to negative behaviours, including bullying, both face to face and online by:
- encouraging students to discuss behaviours that make themselves and others feel good and help everyone reach their potential
- helping students navigate the challenges that can and do arise in relationships
- identifying and responding appropriately to a range of harmful or hurtful behaviours.
Year 7 reflections:
- “I found the Peer Support helpful. It was nice to talk to older students about their experience in Year 7. It was cool how much we could relate to them.” - Luca
- “I enjoyed meeting the Year 10s and getting to meet new friends.” - Mathew H
- “I really enjoyed Peer Support with the Year 10 Peer Leaders. It was awesome having an older group of people that I know, to ask for advice or help. I think that it is great having someone older who not so long ago was in the same situation as us in Year 7 because they can relate to us to help us overcome any stress or worries we have during Middle School.”
- “I think having the Year 10 Peer Leaders was a good opportunity to meet with them and learn about what they did in Year 7 and how they are now. It was fun and interesting.” - Cerys O
Mrs Junnetta Spurgeon
Dean of Year 7