As the 2022 school year ended and things began to slow down for the summer break, the Swan Christian College Property Services team ramped up its operations in carrying out significant construction works across the College in preparation for the 2023 school year.
All of these works are being carried out to improve the learning spaces for our students.
In the Junior School, the following works are still under construction in C, D, E and F blocks and are well on the way to completion:
- Airconditioning system upgrades throughout
- Installation of LED lighting throughout
- Major electrical infrastructure upgrades and futureproofing in preparation for works taking place in 2023 and 2024
In Senior School, significant works are underway in Q-block and will be complete within the first two weeks of term 1. Contingency plans are in place to ensure student learning is not interrupted as the renovations are completed:
- The entire block is being reroofed
- New ceilings are being put in place
- Electrical upgrades across the block, including the installation of LED lighting
- Installation of new interactive smart boards
- Development and installation of new front-of-classroom learning walls
Operations were temporarily delayed as the train derailment significantly affected the project as materials and the air conditioners sat stagnant in the middle of the outback. The shipment was delivered late in the afternoon on Friday, 23 December.
As we all enjoyed the festivities of the Christmas and new year break, multiple tradespeople worked around the clock to ensure that the project stayed on track.
These upgrades and maintenance work form part of significant construction works that will be taking place at the College over the coming year.
Our heartfelt thanks go out to the College Property Services team and the tradespeople who have worked tirelessly to improve our learning spaces for our students.